The Sabi Sands Game Reserve never dissapoints . The wildife viewing is exceptional ! It is by far one of our favourite Kruger destinations . The great news is that one can fly direct from Cape-Town or Johannesburg to Skukuza Airport …the flight arrives just in time for lunch and the afternoon game drive to follow . Upon arrival you will be met by your transfer driver and taken to your lodge in the Sabi Sands .The Sabi Sands entrance gate is right next to Skukuza airport …one minute you will be stepping off the plane and five minuites later on to your game drive vehicle where your safari begins . We had the pleasure of staying at Kirkmans Camp .
Kirkman’s Kamp, with its spectacular views of the unspoiled wilderness
and of the Sand River. It is a well known historic camp, originally built in the early 1920’s, and celebrates the atmosphere of an early South African lowveld homestead, with a colonial style and gracious ambience.
Each of the 18 guest cottages has a private veranda overlooking the Sand River and is furnished in the same charming style with en-suite bathrooms.The colonial atmosphere of gracious style and luxury has been retained, and guests step back in time upon entering the original homestead, which now houses the Lodge’s sitting, dining and bar areas.
Why Visit Kirkmans Kamp :
- Day and night game drives, walking safari and bush walks
- Historic atmosphere of authentic 1920s Transvaal homestead
- One of the loved lodges in the Sabi Sand and perfect for all travellers – families and children welcome
- Imbued with the history of Harry Kirkman
- Relaxed and social family atmosphere
- Famed for leopard sightings
- Big Five game reserve shares unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park, traversing 6 300 hectares (15 000 acres)
We had a wonderful time at Kirkmans and always special to visit the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve